Today is a public holiday because we all need to go and vote. I went early this morning at 7.30 and it took about an hour. In a couple of days time we'll probably hear that Jacob Zuma is our next president, very predictable.
We have a builder on site who is doing some work around the house for me. We originally asked him to come and do some plastering of patches around the house and skim a wall in the kitchen but we've (that is me & opa Rien who is supervising the work) are getting him to do some more jobs that need to be done. Most of it is work that we've known for a long time needed to be done but never got around to, there was always something else to do. Anyway we're hoping he'll help us get the jobs done and we're hoping to even have the entire house painted in a nice neutral beige colour. So we didn't have a day of rest today we all worked very hard and of course there is a lovely layer of dust in the lounge/kitchen from the building work, I've cleaned it but will probably need to keep redoing it for a few days yet.
Paul and I have eventually switched bedrooms again. When Dan came out of hospital just before Christmas we swapped bedrooms with Paul as ours is upstairs and Dan was very weak for climbing stairs. Then when Dan was stronger he wanted to stay downstairs as the bedroom upstairs was very hot in summer and didn't have a fan at that stage. Dan did actually still install a ceiling fan when he was home after his second chemo. So anyway I have been sleeping in Paul's bedroom downstairs for almost 4 months and just never got around to doing the switch. Paul loved my bedroom upstairs, nice and private upstairs on his own and decided this past weekend to take it a step further by hanging all his rugby posters all over my room. I wasn't impressed by this and realised I'd left it too long. He got the message and the next day had moved all his stuff back downstairs so I have my bedroom back ! Also spent time today sorting through Dan's clothes, gave all his 'building' clothes, that's the old ones with cement marks and holes to the builders, there were lots of those and they were happy to have them. The proper clothes are going to charity.
I've signed the papers for the new car should probably get it in the next few days once it has been registered.
No comments:
Post a Comment