Monday, April 20, 2009

Time for another car


So I've been thinking that I should get a new car because the bakkie is already 9 years old and has done over 200 000 km's, I'm worried I'll get stuck one day, even though it isn't currently giving any problems. Originally I thought I should go for a smaller car, and I was looking at a Nissan X-Trail then this morning I wasn't very busy at work and started thinking differently. We are so used to the packing space we get with the bakkie that I don't think we'll be able to downsize yet without missing all that space, so I googled Ford to check out their prices and found the Ranger. Then I found a great 2007 model that has only done 19 000 km's and it's blue, which coincidently both our cars currently are and it feels like we're following a tradition. And the other incentive for this car is that it's R100 000 less than the new price, cars are great depreciating assets. So I think this will be our next car, opa Rien and Paul had a look this evening and both approve so I think I'll probably go for it.

No comments: