Wow it's been such a long time since I've put anything on the blog I'm not even sure if anyone still bothers too look... The fast pace of life continues we're already in autumn. Clive has settled down in his flat in Stellenbosch and started his BComm degree, so far so good. He now has to manage his own budget, food etc but he comes home every weekend so only actually feeds himself 4 days a week. He even has a dishwasher (he paid half of it from his earnings last year) so he's not suffering much, laundry gets down at home he just needs to keep it clean, but I'm not so sure how much of that gets done. We basically redid the whole flat, that was my December holiday.... New bathroom, new kitchen, bedroom tiled, new cupboards, all painted. So he has a very nice flat, even has a little yard so the braais are held at his flat because none of his friends have a yard. As long as they bring their own food/drink it's not a problem for him. And Clive turned 21 recently, the photos are on Facebook, if you're reading this and you're not on Facebook yet, what are you waiting for ???
Paul has started his technical drawing course and is enjoying it. He is on holiday for 3 weeks and our friend Johan has arranged for him to do some engineering CAD drawing at Saldanha Steel. So he is getting some work exposure and experience, but unfortunately no pay. So just when Clive comes home for the holiday then Paul goes off to Langebaan, well at least there is always someone here with me.
Me, I'm still continuously busy at work, with the flats and always busy fixing around this house or one of the others. This week has been a bit of a marathon with flats, 5 cleans in 1 week, that's 15 sets of linen, about 25 towels all to be washed and ironed. So this week none of our own linen got switched, my laundry was at full capacity and I don't have any hours available. I think my laundry room is 1 of the most useful rooms in the house, Dan did it about 5 years and I eventually managed to tile and paint it last weekend, so yes things take a while but they do eventually get done. I still have lots of ideas and plans of things I want to do. Dan's mother is never going to move back into her section but there a houseful of furniture. At the end of last year Paul decided he would like a pool table so we decided to convert her old lounge into a pool room, painted it (1 wall bright red), put in a laminated floor and got a pool table. Next we want to fix up one of the bedrooms upstairs to use as a guest room and the second bedroom we will use as a store room for grandma's furniture. So we're slowly incorporating the old part of the house back into 1 house. The original part of the house is 25 years old so it desperately needs some love which hopefully we will get to this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment