Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy as usual

I had a lovely busy weekend, now that rugby season is over I have more time to spend doing my jobs so I baked, sewed and did handyman jobs . Last weekend opa Rien and I finished installing the remaining 6 aluminum window frames so that is all done, a job well done looks very good. This weekend we replaced the door in the photo above. On the photo you can see the new cladding and the new window frames and the paint job. Hanging the door was quite a job but the door is in, if I get time tonight I'll seal it and then post a photo. It's a lovely door with lead glass. So up to now we've painted, tiled the stairs, put in new windows and installed a new door. What is left to do is new cornices, new light fitting (it's been ordered) and then tile the floor.
Since Tanya posted the photo of the yummy eclairs they had I've been craving some so that was also on my list of things to do, they were yummy but didn't stick around long enough for a photo. For the first time in 5 years I also did some sewing to recover cushions for a cane dining room set for a flat and really enjoyed it. Still have some more curtains and scatter cushions etc to make before the end of the month. October is going to be a very busy month as we have 2 flats that are needing tiling, painting etc., anyone looking for a working holiday ?
This weekend is a long weekend so we're going to Langebaan, we need to finish off the sprinkler installation as the rain has stopped and the grass we had planted will die unless we can get it finished and I'm sure both gardens will be full of weeds so we'll be busy this weekend.
I've booked a canoeing trip on the Orange River for December before Christmas. The boys, Nadia and I will go canoeing for 4 days, sleep under the stars and rough it (no luxuries, no toilets, no showers). Should be fun but also hard work !!

1 comment:

Jota said...

ohhh I wish we could take you up on that working holiday!!! If we win lotto I will let you know ;)