Sunday, August 30, 2009

Black eye.. actually blue

No he wasn't in a fight, Paul got it in a rugby match. On Saturday Paul's team played in a sevens tournament, they were doing well but got eliminated after a controversial decision that disallowed a try in the last minute. Anyway it was their last match of the season and Paul got punched in the eye and got a bloody nose, today it's already purple. So from next week Saturday I can sleep an hour longer, except it's getting light earlier so it's not so much fun lying in.

Otherwise it was a normal weekend, rugby, clean the pool, weed the garden, braai... Paul cooked for Jane, and baked hist first chocolate cake, it was a total flop. The recipe is non-fail chocolate cake, I don't know where he went wrong but it was goo and got dumped. I was cleaning the flat and answering questions on the phone every 5 minutes but that obviously didn't help. They always say you shouldn't try a recipe for the first time when you invite guests, so it was ice cream for pudding and not cake.

We then all went to the movies, Paul and Jane to 1 movie and Clive and I went to see District 9. Wow what a movie, it's about aliens but was made in South Africa, really a world class production. The lead character's name is Wikus van der Merwe, you don't get more south african then that, go and see it.

No comments: